Wednesday, March 6, 2013

On The Road


I would not have published a new post so soon after the one yesterday except for the fact that I promised some new friends their photograph could be seen today on my blog.

This was a day of travel.  I drove from NADA Hermitage near Crestone, CO to Durango, CO.  My first stop was in Alamosa as I had hoped to make connections with a friend.  This did not work out.  I was feeling a bit lonely so decided to stop at a local coffee shop.   As I was walking toward Milagros Coffee House in downtown Alamosa, a group of college-age young people piled out of two vans.  One of them smiled and greeted me.  

We quickly learned that we were all from Michigan.  This was a group of students on spring break from Western Michigan University.  They were in Alamosa volunteering at LaPuente, a regional non-profit organization working with the disadvantaged.  

What a small world!  And that isn’t all.  The friend whom I was hoping to visit but who was unavailable is the director of LaPuente.  If he had been available I would not have met these eleven wonderful and cheerful young people.  I attribute this “happening” to God’s providential care.  Thanks be to God.

Peace and Love.

Larry

Larry met these wonderful students at Milagros Coffee House in downtown Alamosa, Colorado.   They are students at Western Michigan University and were volunteering at a local non-profit organization (LaPuente) during spring break.  At least two of the students are from the west side of the state.  One student is from Norton Shores and another is from Fruitport.
Larry stops for a rest at Wolf Creek Pass east of Durango, Colorado.

I made this photograph west of Wolf Creek Pass in the San Juan Mountains.

Same location as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment